"I believe each house has a soul, an essence that one connects with. I have a passion for decorating and designing which began when I was a child. I would drive my parents …
“The Staging Diva courses leave you with that ‘Hey, I can do this’ feeling!”
~ Chris Schneider (New York)
Staging Diva will help you find your confidence too!
It’s common for new home stagers to let their lack of confidence hold them back. Your potential clients will pick up on this insecurity, making you less likely to get hired for a home staging project. The longer it takes for you to land a client, the less confident you feel. It’s a vicious cycle.
If you’re serious about having a home staging business, it’s critical to break out of this cycle as quickly as possible. The Staging Diva, Debra Gould, suggests the following 5 steps to boost your confidence right now:
1) Take action despite your fear. Successful people have fears like everyone else, but the difference is that they take action anyway. Taking action is the greatest antidote to fear. Start small, perhaps by striking up a conversation about home staging while you’re standing in line at the coffee shop. You probably won’t ever see this stranger again, so who cares if you don’t do a PERFECT job of describing what you do. It’s all about practice! Here’s a quick story about how Staging Diva Debra Gould conquered one of her own fears and what she learned doing it.
2) Recognize your talent. Your God-given creative talent gives you the opportunity to contribute to the world. You can have a significant impact on the lives of others if you don’t stifle your talent and hide behind your lack of confidence. If decorating your first client’s home feels too scary, practice on a friend, neighbor or charitable cause. Maybe there’s a woman’s shelter that needs your help. Maybe you know someone with an elderly parent who is moving to a nursing home, or a friend in financial trouble who needs to sell quickly. All you need is one opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life and your confidence will soar!
3) Reflect on your successes. Make a list of all the things you’ve accomplished in your life and career. When have you lacked confidence but moved forward anyway? Did you know everything there was to know about parenting before you had your first child? So why do you think you need to know everything there is to know about home staging before starting?
4) Organize your marketing efforts. If you’re spinning in circles and not sure what to do first, you’ll stay stuck and your confidence will continue to erode. By developing a clear marketing plan, you’ll know what to do each day to move your business forward.
5) Visit open houses. Walk through each room and imagine what you would do to improve the house. You’ll quickly realize that obvious changes are needed in most of the rooms, but if it was obvious to the home seller, the home wouldn’t show as badly as it does. That’s why people need your help!
After reading these tips, you’re probably already starting to feel empowered. Imagine how much more motivated you’ll feel after taking the Staging Diva Training Program!